Executive Director CAIR-Kansas
THE OPPORTUNITY: Full-time, Exempt
The Council on American-Islamic Relations Kansas Chapter (CAIR-Kansas) is looking for a passionate, talented dynamic, and visionary individual to fill the Executive Director position.
Join the nation's largest Muslim civil rights organization to work in partnership with CAIR chapters nationwide and the local board of directors to advance toward equal opportunity for American Muslims, lead the strategic direction of the organization, promote civic engagement, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership for continued growth and development in the day to day operations and managing chapter staff.
- Support the Board in strategic planning, develop and execute an annual operation plan and milestones to achieve the strategic goals.
- Report and maintain open and effective communication with the Board on the progress toward organizational goals and other matters on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement financial campaign strategies to cultivate and diversify new sources of revenues. Increase donor-base through contributions from existing and new donors and organizational foundations.
- Oversee fundraising planning, implementation, and administration management. Develop and maintain contacts with key funding sources, and collaborate with the Board to achieve fundraising goals.
- Oversee the financial management within the approved budget and ensure healthy and positive financials.
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships and develop new strategic relations with local Muslim community, other organizations, and interfaith leaders through coalition building on a regular basis.
- Monitor local media and develop and implement a communications plan utilizing various media venues to promoting the organization’s programs. Develop and nurture personal relationship with key people in the local media.
- Develop and disseminate news releases, newsletters, action alerts, press statements and talking points for the community and media outlets. Act and conduct interviews as the public face of the organization.
- Meet with the local elected officials to advocate on issues that affect the Muslim community, and collaborate with civil rights organizations on common causes.
- Develop and establish programs, educational events, and campaigns to advance the mission of the organization and empower the community and the youth.
- Oversee and maintain the organization's legal department, establish client and attorney relationship, and complete state and national reporting requirements according to the organization's policy.
- Comply with the nonprofit status, financial, and employee management requirements according to local, state, and federal laws and with regulations set by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated track record of alignment and support for the mission and vision of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before diverse audiences.
- Sophisticated political judgment, understanding of legislative issues and policies both locally and nationally.
- An understanding of civil rights issues relating to Islam and American Muslims.
- Excellent oral and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience, including knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Law degree from an ABA accredited school. All candidates must be admitted to the State Bar of Kansas and/or Missouri. If admitted to the Bar in another state, must be in good standing and seek and be admitted to the State Bar of Kansas within 6 months of hire.
- Three to five years of relevant professional work experience strongly preferred.
- Compensation includes a competitive salary range $50K to $70K commensurate with the relative professional experience, qualifications and skills.
- Generous benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.